Thursday, June 5, 2014

Live United.

Scripture: Romans 5:13 "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Observation: (#4 from May 6th) The cross is the foundation for why we ought to "receive" (vs 7) all people from all nations, tribes and tongues in unity.

I key in on the word "Now" ... "Now may the God of hope fill" who? The "you refers to the whole united ecclesia of Jews and Gentiles. We, the church, have the certain promise of spiritual blessings now. What occurred to cause the certainty of those blessings? The cross of Jesus.

The cross is the most gruesome of sights.
The cross is the most sweet of sights.

At the cross I am revealed as a damnable sinner.
At the cross I am revealed as the forgiven and beloved child of God!

Application:
Really, this is a call for me to:
1. Remember (yet again) the preciousness of the cross.

2. Share the promise of the acceptance of all (who are willing to come) through the cross.

3. "Get" the unity that should be in the body of Christ. Receive other believers without partiality.

Prayer: Please help me, my Father, to remember the promises, to receive all believers without judging or prejudice, and to share the good news of Jesus Christ with those I meet today. I cannot but love you! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment