Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bold For The Brightness, The Blessed, And The Bound

Scripture: Romans 15:15-16 "Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on some points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God, that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit."

Observation:
These two verses are packed with important truths which I suppose could be separate journals.

1. "grace given to me by God" - reference to Ephesians 3:1-12 (especially verse 8).

2. "the gospel of God" - gospel = good news. The wonderful things that people love about Jesus are the wonderful things that people should love about God. It is God the Father that we are reconciled to and it is God the Son that we are reconciled through!

3. All three trinity members are named here - yes, the Bible teaches a triune God, but not three separate gods.

4. (today's focus) "I have written more bodily to you on some points."

Paul was willing to be direct, honest, unashamed, and bold in his ministry - even willing to risk the possibility of offense (sometimes), because he knew what was at stake! He is focused on the spread of the gospel and the acceptability of the Gentile's lives before God (his master).

Application: Be bold with proclaiming God's name and God's message to others. That means I have to care enough about people and about the glory (fame) of God to act on the importance of those two things.

Mark 8:38 says, "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

Prayer: Lord, I need You. This whole thing, my life day in and day out, ought to be about You. Help me to see You and Your mission today. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment