Saturday, June 7, 2014

Do I Demolish or Do I Build?

Scripture: Romans 15:14 “Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.”

Observation: Paul has spent much time throughout the letter to the Romans in instructions and strong warnings over things they ought not do. All the while, and here in this verse, he encourages them so as to keep them from falling into despair, frustration or defeat. He also knew how important it was that his audience not sense condemnation. Paul instructed from a heart of passion that desired the Found and the Lost to come to know God through Jesus Christ. And ultimately that desire was established on the greater goal of the glory of God.

Application: I’ve read frequently that I should bless people seven times for every one criticism that I offer, or something similar to that. I struggle with doing that, though. The difference, I believe, is the state of my heart. Or maybe failing to make known my heart to others. My heart burns for people to be freed from the bondage of sin and to be freed from its consequences, but I do not express that very much in a positive way. So the application for me is to start today to say something encouraging about every person I speak with in each conversation.


Prayer: Father, please help me to accomplish this application. Not for the purpose of self-righteousness and pride, but out of a desire to build others up and to help them to see You more clearly. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment