Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation time

We just made our reservations in San Diego for the end of August! We're staying on Miramar - the location of the famous Top Gun pilot school. I intend to make every Tom Cruise and Top Gun reference possible while there. We're planning on going to the beach, Sea World, the beach, the SD Zoo, the beach, and then maybe go to L.A. for a day and then hopefully up to Malibu for a couple of days to stay with a relative (we'll probably take in a little beach while we're there). Should be fun, cooler than here, and relaxing!

I found this page on the SD Zoo website that you can watch live video of either polar bears, apes, elephants, or panda bears at the zoo. As I write this it's too dark to see anything - bad timing, I guess.

I found it interesting that on the Zoo's home page that they have information about Wolong's horrible earthquake in 2008 - 7.9 magnitude. 70,000 people died. Unfortunately, a couple pandas died too. Luckily, if you want to help the pandas you can donate $$ through the Zoo's website! I didn't see anything about helping the people there, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment