Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thought

The AF has skill levels for every job. At specific time-framed increments all Airmen go through knowledge and skill training. The levels are 3, 5, 7, and 9-level; I have no idea why they aren't just 1 through 4. Yesterday I took and passed my 7-lvl upgrade test for ATC. In air traffic it's not too big of a deal, though. We controllers have our own upgrade training that is more rigorous and intensive; that will come next spring.

Anyhow, I'm rambling. My point is that before I walked out the door I said "Wish me luck!" Candi reminded me that there's no such thing as luck for this type of thing. She said (this is a paraphrase), "I will hope that you prepared and studied for it!" (smile). How true it is!

I started reading Proverbs about six months ago. I do that one-Proverb-for-each-day-of-the-month thing. I have a bunch of stuff that I was planning for and thinking about doing - decision-type stuff - so I decided to pick out everything that Proverbs says about planning, decisions, counsel, etc and write it down together. I found that almost every chapter in Proverbs talks about planning, how planning and preparing will produce good fruit, failing to plan is dumb, and about how invaluable it is to get plenty of wise "counselors".

It also says it is good to be married to a wise woman! ... yet another undeserved blessing from God.

What things are you planning for? What things should you be planning for?

2 comments:

  1. I am at my Dad's house. He wondered, about you, "What SHOULD you be doing?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should have been putting the kids to bed.

    ReplyDelete