Thursday, November 28, 2013

Paul Really Didn't Get It Wrong (this is part 2)

Scripture: (continued from the 25th...) Romans 3:4 "Certainly not! Indeed let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: 'That You may be justified in Your words, and may overcome when You are judged.' "

Observation: After thinking more, the result or end of both situations (Paul's translation here and the translation of Psalm 51:4) is the same. When I am judged by the Lord concerning sinful actions I am left in the wrong each and every time. When I judge God (as in the instance of Paul's address to the Jews in Romans) I am left in the wrong each and every time. In one situation I have acted and God evaluates those actions. In the other, God acts and I evaluate. Alas, though, I find (1) that God is right, and (2) that I am then "evaluated" by God for my judging of Him and I must confess I must not judge God or presume to be God's judge.

Application: God can be my judge or my shield. The choice is mine. Either way the glory is His!

Prayer: Please reveal to me today where I am standing in judgment of You today. I know pride is ever with me. I presume too much! Renew my mind Father! Soften my heart and make me like Christ. I love You. You are good! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment