Sunday, November 17, 2013

Grease That Even Dawn Won't Cut Through. I'm Going To Need Something Stronger.

Scripture: Romans 2:12-13 "For as many as have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;"

Observations: These verses seem to be the crux of Paul's point from the end of Chapter 1 through Chapter 2: namely, that everyone is guilty and those that have the law, though they are in a better place because they have God's written commands guiding them to righteousness, are not more justified before God because the law condemns each person if he or she breaks it even once. 

Many will say "I did not know such and such was wrong," but we do not need to know all of God's law to be held guilty by Him. We really only need to know one, for our compulsion to do wrong is so complete that we will undoubtedly break even just the one law (indeed, each and every law) that we are aware of.

Application: I cannot have pride in my life. I have no place for pride in my behavior or before God. Pride simply becomes a log in the fire that my conscience stokes for the pending judgment of God. Set my heart to scorn self-righteousness and all boasting that is done in anything but God in Jesus Christ! Be humble about my salvation and glorify and praise God!

Prayer: Your word consistently guides me to my sin and your praise. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I praise you! Thank you for the revelation of your law. I agree that it is holy and right, but today's Application I cannot do without you. Knowing the extent of sin in my life I probably have pride about my pride! Humility isn't a natural action for me. Please make me like Jesus then according to your will! Help me to allow Christ to live in me like your word says that I might be in Christ and so be a new creature. I love you. Your grace and mercy are beyond compare. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment