Saturday, November 30, 2013

All In One Package Deal

Scripture: Romans 3:22, 25-26 "even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe... [God set Jesus] forth... to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Observation: Okay. So this is more (a continuation) from the last two days of SOAPs. I have to slightly change what I concluded yesterday because of what I see today.

Verse 22 clearly makes God's righteousness something that is "shown to" and "put on" believers. Then verses 25 and 26 clearly explain that the gospel does serve the purpose of highlighting both God's wrath and ever-correct attitude toward sin, and God's mercy and grace in over-looking the sin (or just delaying its condemnation) until Jesus could take the brunt of His wrath.

Application: Dale, know that Paul understand God's righteousness in a few different ways.

For me:
(1) God has declared me righteous through faith in Jesus.
(2) God has put His righteousness in me effectually (i.e. He intendeds it to be a powerful force for effecting change in me).
(3) I can look solely and deeply into the gospel to grasp the awesome and unsearchable glory of God's grace.

No wonder Paul made it his point to only preach Christ and Him crucified.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for your amazing work in my life. I am your work, your handiwork and I want to give you all the love and praise that you deserve. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment