Monday, April 15, 2013

The Shadow Proves The Sunlight

So today we're again facing things that just do not make sense to us.

Apparently it made sense to someone.

It's times like this that we're reminded that there is indeed such a thing as absolute morality, because such a nonsensical act demands justice in our heart (but that topic is for another day). I pray for justice upon these men or women that did this, but I pray even more for the rest of us that this moment will draw us all closer to the Lord.

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings like eagles. They shall run and not grow weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14

"I will hear what God the Lord will speak, for He will speak peace to His people and to His saints, but let them not turn back to folly. Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him that glory may dwell in the land." Psalm 85:8-9

"Because he has set his love upon me, therefore I will deliver Him. I will set him on high, because he has known my name. He shall call upon me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him." Psalm 91:14-15

Answers we may have none of; confidence and hope for tomorrow are within our grasp if we wait on and call on the Lord who loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment