Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Little Rock And Roll For The Soul

The kids and I took last Friday as a day (actually, night) trip. We drove three plus hours up to Enid, Oklahoma to see a quadruple band show. The night started off with Manic Drive. Seventh Day Slumber and Group 1 Crew came next. 

The "headliner" was Audio Adrenaline featuring their new lead singer, Kevin Max. Some older folks will remember him from the group DC Talk. Extra credit for anyone that knows what the "DC" stands for. More importantly, he also happens share my Alma Mater, Liberty University. I'm a little surprised he didn't recognize me at the concert. I know he was busy, though. He doesn't come bothering me while I'm talking to airplanes or telling Airmen to do push-ups.

The show was great. My right ear recovered today and I can just barely hear the constant ringing as I write this.

The kids also took the opportunity to hone their photography skills. Apparently Nori and Christian bogarted the cameras, though. There's a clear lack of Wyatt below.



I've not listened to Seventh Day Slumber before and I couldn't hear a whole lot of what they were saying, but the lead singer had quite a testimony of God's grace, love, and faithfulness!



We got one picture with Manic Drive. We saw this Canadian crew in little ol' Altus a couple months back. They've become a family favorite since then. If you happen to see them, please let them know Altus, Oklahoma says "Hi" and follow it up with a "We love you!" That's generally what people say to super stars, especially if you're personal friends now.








Now we're just waiting for the call that Group 1 Crew is going to hand deliver the mini-guitar that we are going to win in the raffle we signed up for. I've got a good feeling about that raffle. A friend of mine generally wins at those things, but he wasn't there to win it for us. I hope my good feelings are as effective as his.

4 comments:

  1. DC Talk = such good memories. :) (and I got your extra credit point, btw!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra credit point on life! I forgot about all the Jesus Freak singing we did in Wisconsin! That was a daily addiction if I remember correctly. I heard a couple of their sons from that album at the concert and I could still throw down every rap line without missing a beat... amazing what our memories can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey SS it's KC. Never really realized you had a blog but this is some pretty cool stuff. Just had to comment that I remember seeing Seventh Day Slumber back in like '03 at Creation-fest. Definitely an awesome group! I remember asking the lead guitarist how long he'd been playing guitar cause I was amazed by how good he was, to which he responded "Mmmm about 28 years".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey KC! Just saw this comment since I took a break from blogging while deployed. Great seeing your updates on life on FB. How is it out there?

    ReplyDelete