Friday, January 4, 2008

To Theology and beyond!

I'm starting Theology 201 in 10 days. I got the book and I'm just waiting on the DVDs. I am pretty excited about this course because I like to learn bible facts, doctrine, stuff like that. I used to be a pretty good legalist in my "hay-day." God has changed my life and refocused it around grace and mercy, but I still enjoy theology, apologetics, and biblical study.

Actually, the gorge between legalism and Christianity isn't very wide. It's really just a matter of knowing a bunch of stuff and applying the very same bunch of stuff. I'll definitely advise anyone reading here to go with the latter. Legalism looks good on the outside, but feels cold, sick, lonely, and painful on the inside.

Looking back, I'm amazed at how His grace works non-stop even when we are completely ignorant of it. Even still, I'm pretty sure I'll be relatively ignorant of His grace until the day I die... ignorance is bliss.

3 comments:

  1. Yayyy

    Now we can argue....er, I mean discuss...the finer points of theology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, be aware that Liberty seems to be Baptist. I just want you to know what type of indoctrination I'm getting myself into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Liberty is conservative in nature. However, the foundation set at Liberty affords the student to expound upon their (her/his) own faith traditions. I come from an interfaith communion: liturgical, evangelical and charismatic. LU tends to address biblical foundations and knows that students attend LU from a wide variety of faith traditions. This is because it is an international college. All this to say, it makes for stimulating debates and discussions to have a strong foundation in Christ to kick off from.
    Peace,
    ~Captivating Christian Gal

    ReplyDelete