Friday, January 18, 2008

Good Update

Well, it's been a while because we've been busy. I'm working at night this week and "night" weeks are always busier. We're implementing a new schedule for homeschooling and it's going pretty well. I'm a little too selfish to instantly adjust my life and desires, but by God's grace I'm getting there.

Day 7 with out the TV - We don't miss the TV much. In fact, it's kind of "out of sight out of mind." Occasionally, I want to sit down and relax, have a little fun. One of the things the Maxwell's stressed was how fun is the worlds counterfeit for joy. True joy is derived from living a life completely devoted to God. Desiring fun then directly assaults God's desire for us. I haven't fully ascribed to their point, but as day after day passes I am more convinced and convicted that "fun" has kept me from loving God and gaining joy from it.

I started Theology I on Monday. The classes run from Monday to Monday (at midnight EST) and I'm behind schedule. Like I said, "night" weeks at work get really busy. I'm trying to include my schedule into the home schooling one. I've never been a great time-manager so I appreciate the trial-by-fire. Maybe necessity is the mother of adjustment, too.

The best result of our new schedule and "TVlessness" is that we're making time to pray and study God's word every morning separately AND as a family - every day! It's letting us communicate and experience God's love and will together daily. It feels like we've had a re- occurring car problem and just figured out the problem was that we're missing a crucial but simple nut/bolt/seal/etc.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment