Friday, September 12, 2014

Rags or Riches

Scripture: Exodus 34:9 "Then [Moses] said, 'If now I have found grace in your sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray, go among us, even though we are a stiff-necked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us as your inheritance.'"

Observation: What an amazing verse. I'm struck by Moses plea. I feel the weight of every word here. Moses said this just after God granted Moses request to see God's glory. Moses' experience with God has fully humbled him. Was Moses the person who has had the closest relationship with God ever?

His response is telling. Moses made still more requests: (1) please go with us, even though we are stubborn and rebellious, (2) forgive us! We desperately need it, and (3) bless us by keeping us as your choice treasure - the thing among all the earth that remains yours forever.

Application:
1. There is nothing more precious than God. Give up everything to be near him and to know him (Phil. 3:7-8).

2. Forgiveness is arguably the greatest need of every person. Doubtless it is the most urgent. Moses' example calls for my humility.

3. Rejoice! I am God's inheritance (Eph. 1:18). Meditate on the impact of that truth. Let it overwhelm me and infuse every part of my thinking.

Prayer: O my God, you are beyond any and all good thing I can know, see, experience, or desire. I want to see your glory and know your way. I need these things. I need you. Revive me God. I cannot but love you! Help to act that love for you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment