Monday, April 14, 2014

The Unity of Living And Dying

Scripture: Romans 14:7 "For none of us lives  to himself, and no one dies to himself."

Observation: This verse is speaking of Christians. Christians are God's and their being belongs to God in a different way than unbeliever.

An unbeliever is God's creation; a believer is God's child.

A believer lives entirely to God and, because of that fact, he or she dies to God as well - and it is a joy.

An unbeliever lives to himself and, because of that fact, he or she dies to himself as well - and though freedom from God promises joy it does not deliver joy.

A believer's life with Christ brings complete satisfaction; an unbeliever's life without Christ brings growing hopelessness.

A believer's death with Christ brings eternal reward; unbeliever's death without Christ endless regret.

Application:
Live out Philippians 3:7-8.
Maintain the complete surrender of Philippians 1:20-25.
Internalize Colossians 3:23-24.
Join today with the angels in Revelation 5:11-12.
Whole-heartedly pursue the reality of John 15:1-5.

Prayer: I need You. Lord, I need You. Every day I need You. Sanctify my mind to the point that I am fully Yours. Today and every day I need the strength to do what I know is right. To live to You is also to love as You do. That I need desperately! I love You, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment