Saturday, April 12, 2014

San Diego Getaway - UPDATED

05May14 - UPDATE added three pictures, including the mystery picture at end of post.

I'm consistently bad at consistency. It's been a while since I've put anything on here except Bible and faith related stuff. So, I'm going to catch up on just a few of the major events that have happened recently. It won't take long... we live in Altus, Oklahoma.

Candi and I took a trip to San Diego at the end of January. It was an pretty awesome. My wonderful Mom came down to visit and stay with the kids. I think she even kept up with some of their school work while we were gone.

We were originally planned on traveling to New York to combine some time together with the wedding of two of my friends who I met in Korea. The weather got bad and would have eliminated half the reason for going so about an hour before we were supposed to leave we changed our plans to head to the other coast.


Here are some pictures from our trip.

I upgraded our fuel efficient wheels for one of my favorite cars ever... FYI, the new Mini is not a fuel efficient car.


Some other friends of ours just took a trip to Florida and they upgraded to a Camaro, I think. I guess I have a different sense of "cool." :-)


Of course, food took priority number one each day so our activities were pretty much worked around wherever we decided we wanted to eat!





Thai Pizza!


First bowl of authentic ramen since leaving the Land of the Rising Sun in 2005.




This is the first time we have been to Sea World without our children and honestly we had a blast!



We spent a few hours on the U.S.S. Midway. Pretty amazing. My Dad spent time in the Navy working on aircraft carriers so it was neat to get a glimpse of how his service compared to mine. The highlight of that day actually came after leaving the boat when I had a homeless man pee in a garbage  can right in front of me. Not all highlights are sunshine and roses.







Our trip was full of a bunch of other food, meeting interesting people, and doing, well, pretty much whatever we darn well pleased. And it was 75% with a light breeze the whole time. I hope God sends me to minister to people in San Diego after I retire.

I was going to add a picture of the sunset as we flew back to Dallas, but I couldn't find that. It was really pretty - you should have seen it.

*UPDATE - I found the picture!*

1 comment:

  1. We've been there! Good times! I'm glad you guys got this chance, such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete