Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Take me out to the game!

Random picture #1
I went to the Sidewinder's game on Saturday with the controllers from work, the TIA tower controllers and the radar controllers for the whole area. It was a good time. We paid $20 and sat in the upper deck (with the "upper crust"). Just so you all know, the upper crust eat hot dogs and burgers, too. The only difference is there's someone there to pick the cover up so you can grab your hot dog; I knew those folks making a lot of money had the life! Anyway, we were in a perfect spot for foul balls (there were two or three that came up there). It was a close game until the eighth inning. The St. Louis Redbirds (what the heck is that?) scored four that inning and held the lead the rest of the way.

The best conversation I had while there was with two controllers that just moved from New York. They've been controlling for 20+ years and had tons of stories/experiences to share. I've been really impressed lately to stop passing by experience and wisdom from those that have lived a lot of life already. I've also been realizing that it's o.k. to not have it all together. There's nothing wrong with saying "What do you think? I have no idea." Why do I try to learn everything on my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment