Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Word Of Faith Is Near You

Scripture: Romans 10:6-9 "But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, 'Do not say in your heart, "Who will ascend in to heaven?"' (that is, to bring Christ down from above) or, '"Who will descend into the abyss?"' (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? 'The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart' (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.'"

Observation: I doubt I will get any conclusions here today, but that's okay. Verses 6-8 are confusing to me, but I need to understand them because they lead into or they are the context for a very well known verse. So the questions are:
1. What is Paul quoting? Is there context there to help in understanding this passage?
2. How do the phrases in the parenthesis (verses 6 and 7) relate to the quotations?

Application: I will not always understand God's word. I'm okay with that. After all, it was written by God and came from His mind. I will continue to seek understanding on this, though, as He promised to lead me into all truth by His Spirit.

Prayer: Please illuminate my mind that I may understand You more and love You more. Thank You for sending us a word that is difficult  at times and easy at times. Truth has so much depth to it and so very often I do not. Yet You call me to dig deep into Your word that I might bring up the jewels from it. I will pursue You. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment