Thursday, January 9, 2014

How To Fail And Be Victorious At The Same Time.

Scripture: Romans 7:24, 25 "Oh wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!..."

Observation: Immediately following these verses Paul will write some of the most wonderful verses of the whole Bible! Romans 8 is arguably the best and clearest content of hope after hope after hope that Paul ever wrote.

But first he completes Chapter 7 with two conclusions.

1. Anyone - anyone - that takes a serious and honest look at themselves will come to the conclusion that the great mountain of their failures and sins is completely insurmountable.

My conscience's condemnation over my wrong-doings cannot and will not be silenced by any amount of good deeds in my life. When we stand before God after our death our conscience will scream out, "Guilty! I'm guilty of breaking Your laws, my God!" I will be without hope; that is, unless I can claim conclusion #2.

2. God created, made, constructed, established the only way of escaping wrath through Jesus' life, death and resurrection.

What we are helpless to do God planned to do even before He created the worlds.

Application:
1. Believe that Jesus died as my substitute. He took the wrath meant for me.

2. Believe that God will forgive me permanently because of what Jesus did if I grasp hold of it in faith.

3. Turn away from my sins as God reveals them to me and turn to God, again believing I'm forgiven.

4. Honor and praise God with great joy and peace knowing that God is not my enemy any longer. Rather He has become my closest, most loyal, most loving and most faithful supporter and friend.

He is a great, mighty, ferocious God, but He is also now a tender, merciful, patient, and gracious Father that I can come to completely weak, honest and open.

And with Him will I find the only true satisfaction for my lonely and afflicted moments and for my most excited and happy occasions.

Prayer: Lord, simple praise. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment