Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Have a Dream

Scripture: Genesis 37:5 "Now Joseph had a dream..."

Observation: Verse 5 says Joseph told his first dream to his brothers and "they hated him for it". Verse 10 says he told his second dream to his brothers and father and "his father rebuked him". Verse 20 says that his brothers wanted to kill him and said, "We shall see what will become of his dreams." That's rather prophetic, I think.

Application: Joseph received these dreams from God. God is still speaking dreams to people... to me, for He has a plan for our lives and often reveals personal dreams. I ought to learn from Joseph and treat them with great value.

Others may not respond well to what God shows me or calls me to do. They may not understand my personal walk with the Lord. I'm reminded of Aslan's words to Shasta about his story being his own. Some unbelievers and believers will respond with disdain and hate. Others will try to oppress God's personal call on our lives with fained propriety or piety. Doubts are likely the first response that will come my way. But stand strong on God's word! What He says to me He does not say to all; yet what He says to me is for me to trust and obey. Jeremiah is perhaps the greatest example in the Bible of someone who followed God despite getting very little support or return on the investment of his life into the work of God.

Prayer: Father, Jesus said that we each will have a private, personal, intimate relationship with You and that "we will all be taught by You" (Jn 6) and that we will know if it is You leading us (Jn 7.17). Help me to trust Your Spirit's leading at all times and to obey. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment