Tuesday, June 21, 2011

To Which We Were Called

Scripture: Ephesians 1:4 "just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love."

Observation: This verse reminds me of the need to respond to the grace of God toward me by seeking to live a holy life (as God defines it). God has given the commands and direction as to what it looks like. The key characteristics are holiness and love, which are too great for me to do without God's power and presence. This verse comes on the heels of the "great blessing" of verse 3 which is continued here by the reminder that I have been chosen by God without regard to my merit or worthiness.

Application: This requires me to pursue God with all my heart, similar to Psalm 119:10. Doing all I can to know Him is the catalyst which drives the rest of my life.

Prayer: Father, at this point I'm desperate for You spiritually. I'm missing the entire relationship at times. I'm mostly prayerless and I "talk" more than I "walk." Please help me, chasten me, guide me. Please make me aware of every area that I am not obeying Your command to love others. Please make me aware of You in all my coming and going. Please help me to take hold the promises that You have made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment