Monday, June 27, 2011

That's the Plan

Scripture: Ephesians 1:5 "having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will."

Observation: Again I see that God worked through Jesus; everything that God has done has been "through Jesus" from the creation to salvation to the gifts of grace. Christ is indeed the mediator and the High Priest. He became the gifts from 1 Corinthians 1:30. Through Jesus we were raised to heaven, forgiven and through Jesus' life we now live and have power to overcome. My life is truly all about Jesus.

Also, what an amazing revelation - aweseome knowledge - God has adopted us as children and that God intended to do it from the beginning (Ephesians 1:4).

Ultimately, God is soveriegn as the last portion of the verse describes. God has a will that always becomes a reality. He will bring it to pass. He cannot be stopped. So what is His will for my life today?

Application: Adjust my thoughts to be based on my true identity through Christ. Adjust my thoughts about other believers and the fact that God has an awesome will for their life as well.

Prayer: You are so good to us, to me! Thank you. Please teach me to love as you do. There was nothing that drew You to me, except Your goodness. Please help me to see others in the way that You do. Help me to love others in the same way You do.

No comments:

Post a Comment