Thursday, June 9, 2011

Don't Forget

It doesn't seem like it's been over 10 years since the September 11th attacks, but my line of work never really lets me forget that we have enemies (consisting of a list which includes some that rather surprise me) that are seeking to subvert our country's existance, steal our information, and break into our secure physical and cyber areas. 

However, I often don't think about those around me that don't work in a similar type of arena or that don't have access to the briefs and info that I do.  Consequently, I thought I would post a couple of open source stories that got little to no publicity.  Here they are for a couple of reasons:
(1) I think everyone in the U.S.A. that is not involved with security needs to be a little less ignorant of the threats around us. I think it's silly to assume that people would panic if they knew what the enemy was doing in our own backyard.  I don't see Israeli's or the Sudanese going wacky; they just make appropriate life-style changes for the threats that they live with.  America needs to live in the truth. 
(2) Those that are working in the endless, thankless (for the most part) jobs of protecting us from hidden and secretive threats, plots, and plans should be given some props.  Should we really ask after the fact, "Why did this (fill the blank) attack happen?" or should we ask "Why didn't those other ones come to pass?"

So if you have time please take in these short stories about what is happening all around us.  Don't be someone that sees suspicious activities and assumes that it's nothing.  Don't make yourself an easy choice for our enemies to exploit.

Two men living in Kentucky who were actively supplying our enemy with arms and participated in IED attachs in the Middle East.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/31/kentucky.iraqis.arrested/index.html?eref=rss_crime

This is over an extensive plot by some that worked at JFK to cause an insanely high explosion.
http://www.examiner.com/public-safety-in-national/imam-convicted-of-plotting-terrorist-attack-at-jfk-airport
 

No comments:

Post a Comment