Thursday, January 27, 2011

I know Karate (and, like, two other Japanese words).

One of the highlights of my year in Korea was leaving Korea for a month to be with my family!

We were all over the states during that month.  Some highlights:
1. San Diego for all you can eat food at Sea World.
2. Big Bear, CA for the first father/sons fishing date.
3. San Onofre, CA for four days with the beach for a front lawn.
4. San Antonio for two days without the children (that's a first after 11 years of marriage).
5. Tucson for everything else.

6. Celebration of 11 years of marriage!

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of that trip with me.  What I do have is the culmination of the impressive progess of Christian's and Nori's ju jitsu training (most of which I wasn't there for) - the Rendori.  There were three dojos represented for peoples ages 4 to 20.  It was basically three hours of intense flips, throws, pins, and cheering.

I've been most impressed with Nori and Christian because they have dabbled in a lot of things, but have never stuck with many of them.  Just spending a few nights watching them practice and spar made it clear that they were very good at this and it was really impacting their life in good ways.  I'd like to take some credit for their "wrastling" skillz, but since Christian has me tapping out when we wrestle I think I added little to it.

Here are the highlights.  Nori and Christian are both in white gis.



No comments:

Post a Comment