Thursday, August 28, 2008

God's in it all

I've had a good 2nd week of "vacation". We are putting rock in our backyard, which until this point has been dirt and weeds. The plan was to get some dirt to fill the holes, remove all the weeds, get the sprinkler system set just the way we want it and get the rock on Thursday morning.

I've been amazed at how God has been there every step of the way to help me finish this. The first two days I worked mostly alone. The weather was hot but cloudy almost all day so I could keep working.

On Wednesday Candi put school on hold to help and Candi's dad, Dean, who arrived Wednesday morning, helped, too. The McKee's are a hard workin' family. The bad part is that it rained hard for half the day. The cool part is that God, knowing that it was going to rain, turned it into 3 vs. the yard.

The Wednesday rain seemed to be a problem at first. I had to postpone the rock delivery, in fear that they would tear the whole yard up with wet ground. In reality, though, I wasn't ready for it yet anyway. I pushed the delivery off until tomorrow and was able to get everything else from the to-do list done.

Once again, my time table wasn't in accordance with God's, but as always, His worked better! And He's involved in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment