Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 6

Well, I fell behind on the last day of vacation and couldn't post the days events. Actually, it's because I was driving from 7pm until 3 am.

So this is how that day went. We left my cousins late, around 9:30 or 10, after an unusual dead battery experience. I'm glad God took care of us there. I would have hated for it to be the alternator or something worse.

Then we drove to Bible John's abode in Burbank. After surveying his pad and seeing some of the work he does in the Hollywood business we headed out for some fresh air. Our first stop was to eat. But our second stop was IKEA. This was our first time there. I had heard a ton about it from our friends but never felt the desire to go in. John said the place is cursed - no one enters without buying something (actually, he said one cannot enter without buying a lot more than one actually came for). I have to say that IKEA was one of the vacation highlights... I'll leave it at that.

Our next stop was a railroad engine museum. We expected Wyatt to really like it, but in reality that was an understatement. He loved it. There's pictures below.

Finally, we went to Griffith Park, which actually has a lot of things in it, but we played at the playground.

Overall the day was awesome. Any time I get to spend with John is good time. The weather was beautiful. The kids had an great time.

In closing, Nori and Christian made me so proud. They had somewhat of an allowance on our vacation and they had both saved most of it. Nori decided to buy Wyatt a $10 Thomas the Train toy and Bubba asked out of the blue if he could buy Wyatt ice cream at the park. I'm cheesing now just thinking about how proud I am that they would consider others so much.

3 comments:

  1. looks like you guys had a lotta fun, hey, you should look at my blog, it's updated alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was IKEA as much fun as the 100 yen store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom - that's a good question!... the jury is still out.

    ReplyDelete