Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 4

Well, we had no more to do in San Diego besides visiting the beach so we decided to drive up to my cousins, Pat and Burle's home, in Malibu. I know it sounds kind of funny to be staying with a 4th cousin, but they are extremely welcoming and gracious. We left SD around 10am and drove to the famous Zuma beach in Malibu. Bible John, as Nori titled him, arrived at the beach from Burbank around 1pm.
 
John, Candi, Wyatt, and I dug holes and swam. In fact, John has been in California for two years and until today has not been in the ocean. He's been to the beach, but never got in. We couldn't let that crime continue. Peer pressure can be an awesome thing.
 
Nori pretended the day away and occasionally got in the waves. Christian practiced balancing on his boogie board the entire day. I think he's working his way to a professional career. I can't wait to see him ride the tube!
 
We stayed until 5:30 and then ate at Subway - they have 'em in Malibu, too; weird! It was an awesome day. I'm overcome by how beautiful the weather is in California. And I thought we had it good with the AZ winter!

We finally went to Pat and Burle's around 7pm, washed up, put the kids to bed, and then visited and watch the Olympics until 10:30.
Here are some pictures of the day.

7 comments:

  1. I love the finger in front of the lens.

    Isn't there a picture of me with a shirt on? You can call me "The Great White". At least you didn't get the gut in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the finger is classic, I think. If I had used the one with your shirt on no one would believe that you got into the water. But you can see that we're both wet in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought John was wearing a white shirt in that picture.

    Glad you guys made it back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as my friend, el cid says - shablam! we almost didn't make it back. I think it was the pepsis that drove me to drive badly. one should never drink and drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. arrrrr you kiddin' me! drinkin' and drrrivin', my left thumb! you're just a bad driver, agent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you aren't nice, pirate captain silly pants, i'll turn on the moderation. i've only been in three accidents and i've never gotten more than 10 or 15 tickets in my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's really crowded in here.

    ReplyDelete