Wednesday, November 28, 2012

SOAP: Transformed

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:18 "But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

Observation: We are being changed as Romans 8:28-30 describes. I, because of my new life in Christ, no longer live blinded to God, His kingdom, His work, the spiritual world. It is the Spirit of God who works in me to produce the Son of God - another demonstration in Scripture of the Trinity.

Application: This verse reminds me of the question, "Was this my best year yet?" Every birthday, New Year, anniversary I reflect back on the me of 365 days ago and consider whether I've grown closer to God, to be more like Jesus, and in my ability to show love to others. A new year approaches and yes, I see that God has been active in my life and the lives of those around me. The work on my knees of the last year has been answered by God in ways that I only saw because I waited for His answers in faith. He has again proven Philippians 1:6 to be true and something I can cling to in the dark times and something I can praise Him for on the other side of it. Best year - so far, yes, by Your grace, power, love, and mercy.

Prayer: Same as always, Abba, Father. I need You - You are the answer to my every need. Mold me like clay. Show me the rough areas. Teach me to love as You do. Please forgive my failures. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment