Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SOAP: The End Game of the Faith

Scripture: 1 Cor. 15:45 "And so it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living being.' The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

Observation: Adam brought permanent, confining, condemning, unavoidable death. The characteristics of Jesus' life and death brought permanent, freeing, guiltless, indestructible life!

Application: This is perhaps the starkest contrast in existence, of all realms. And indeed the greatest news or information to be known. But it is not only for the next life, but applies to me now. My life will be, without choice, characterized by one of these two: the death from Adam or the life from Jesus. I have now the choice of which it is, which is why Paul penned Romans 8:12-14: "Therefore, brethren we are debtors - not to the flesh to live according to the flesh. For if you live by the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." The fruit of the Spirit is love - joy - peace - longsuffering - kindness - goodness - faithfulness - gentleness - self-control. I know I'm living the life from Jesus when I'm defined by those things.

Prayer: Father, I am in need of your life the way you explained it Galatians 2:20. I don't want it to be me who lives, but Christ living in and through me. Jesus, please help me to be like John who decreased so that You could increase. Holy Spirit, work in me that I can replace the deeds of the flesh with the fruit of the Spirit. Thank you for your love and life through Christ. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment