Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Serving my purpose

Today I did something I've never done before. I shared the entire gospel with someone and didn't end up just debating about pointless Christianity/religion/God subjects. I have always had the desire to tell people about how and why I chose to follow Jesus (that's probably a "duh" thing for a Christian to say), but have never been able to get the conversation to focus on the individual's need. It always ends up just being a theological discussion of whether or not the bible can say it's the only holy book, God is loving, abortion is wrong, etc., etc., etc that doesn't actually challenge the other person to consider their position with God and their eternal destination.

However, the Evangelism course I took thru Liberty University really equipped me to overcome the typical fears and difficulties involved with sharing the true, life-saving gospel. I was actually required to witness and then do a report on it to complete the class. I had intended to witness to someone else, but God led me to witness to someone completely different. It felt great to witness. I always thought it would be scary and nerve wracking - it wasn't. I can only say I'm so thankful for being taught a proper way to present the vital facts and for being forced to do it. I think it's like any other act - the more it's practiced the better I'll be at it (or just more comfortable).

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Idaho. Well done my friend.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Trav. I am blessed to have you as a friend and brother.

    ReplyDelete