Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Long Haul

We arrived in Minnesota (my parent's home) today around 0600. It was a long 36 hours. Well, we didn't actually drive for 36 hours; only about 24. I was approximately 1700 miles and to my great surprise gas was about 20 cents cheaper once we left AZ and continued that way for the whole trip. We didn't get to see a whole lot because all but six hours was during darkness. We left at 6pm Sunday night and drove until 2pm-ish Monday in Emporia, Kansas (KS?). We stayed there until 10pm and then went the rest of the way. It was definitely tiring but about $600 cheaper than flying (in addition to rental vehicle). The kids were great and the weather was perfect. Honestly, I give glory to God for how smoothly the trip went because I couldn't have planned it any better! We're here for the rest of Christmas time and will be leaving to come home on the 26th. I'll write later to fill in on the holiday "spoils."

4 comments:

  1. glad you had a great trip. have a great time with your family and hopefully you see lots of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, too, Josh. I can already feel how great it will be to get home to our HOME again. My family is wonderful, but it's amazing how one's home (probably the comfortable place) brings peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You folks are insane!!!! Not only did you choose one of the coldest parts of the continental US, but you drove. You sickles are awesome. I hope you enjoy your time with family and get some snow for us dessert dwellers A. Had to throw the A in there yaknow. Love you guys.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow was great. The family was great. The drive was not great. But God watched over us - that was great!

    ReplyDelete