Friday, May 3, 2013

What You Need Is A NapCab.

I recently had a layover in Munich, Germany. I've been in Japan's Naha and Narita airports and one of the Republic of Korea's major hubs. I'm always impressed at how different cultures set up their airports because they each put some focus on different things.

The Japanese, for instance, are serious about their smoking rooms. There were so many people in the little glass rooms that they looked like sardines swimming through foggy water. The Germans had a glass walled smoking room also but theirs looked more like a modern-motifed diner with glass walls. I'm pretty sure they were in there sipping wine with their cigarettes.

Anyway, these pictures are of a quiet spot in Munich's airport. I really wanted to crash out but my connection was rapidly approaching. Doesn't a NapCab sound nice? And from what I hear a lot of Europeans countries are good at mixing their work and rest. I've seen Saudi Arabians, Bangladeshis, Filipinos, Pakistanis, and citizens of other middle east countries regularly incorporate naps into the work day. Asian cultures do that really well, too.


Could we Americans learn a thing or two from them? Or are we too progressive of a society? You know, we've probably outgrown such trifles.

Actually, I think that my dad had one of these on the back of his semi when I was growing up. Yeah! He had a NapCab and a DogHouse (I think those are illegal for use now, though). That truck was way cool and, obviously, way ahead of its time.


 

 
It seems they do a lot of bossing around there. Sleep! Work! Relax! Discover napcabs! But then, frankness has always been a virtue of the German people that I have known.



No comments:

Post a Comment