Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quote of the Day

Who can say that they are master of the their, and not the other way around? I think everyone wishes they had more time available. I identify with fathers that want to do great work at their professions, spend time with their children, be a great husband and friend to their wives, and serve God where He directs.

I feel my anxiety level rise just writing that list. I started a book recently that has really helped me become a better user of "my" time called Redeeming the Time written by Steven Maxwell. This is one passage on what Steve has to say about our activities.

"The Lord could have built a boat for Noah prior to the flood as opposed to it taking Noah up to a hundred years to build it. When He sent the children of Israel into Canaan, He could have wiped out the nations ahead of them. He didn't. When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, He first asked some men to remove the stone, but He could have spoken a word and had it go flying off into the air. The Lord doesn't need our efforts. Nonetheless, He required them. As James 2:26 says, "... faith without works is dead..."




No comments:

Post a Comment