Friday, April 25, 2008

Never happened before

I have been told repeatedly that my last post (almost a month ago) was depressing and had people worried about me. So in honor of peer pressure...

Today I was hit by a bird while going to work on my motorcycle. That's right. I didn't type that wrong. I saw a gray "thing" "fall" from a tree in the median. It happened so fast that I didn't have had time to react, but I honestly thought it had fallen to the ground. Before I could finish that thought he or she slammed into the left side of my head.

It didn't actually hurt so badly. I wouldn't have know it was a bird except that it was soft. All the other bugs and rocks that I have "encountered" on my mo-mo are basically the same stinging consistency on my baby soft skin. I turn around to get a glimpse of it, but saw nothing.

I had to seriously think about whether this everyday motorcycle riding thing is worth it. But the serious thought left my mind after about a 1/4 mile of cool morning air and beautiful AZ sunrise. I guess it will take more than a bird to dismount this cowboy from his iron horse.

P.S. - The hump day never really came. It's been a long month full of trusting that God knows what He's doing. I honestly don't know when my questions will be answered, but I'll definitely blog it when they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment