Thursday, October 16, 2014

Time For Chuck E. Cheese's

We took a strongly needed family fun trip to Lawton last Sunday. As some of you may know, we are moving to Oklahoma City in the next couple months. I say "some" may know because for some reason I have failed to tell pretty much everyone. My wife knows; that's where the notifications pretty much stopped.

When we're in Lawton, my wife and I usually like to hit Olive Garden, Chick-fil-A, or McAlister's Deli. We went a different route this time, namely, cardboard-tasting pizza, pointless games, and giant mice.

It was basically what we expected it to be. We had a great time just relaxing and spending 25¢ tokens for 1¢ tickets that eventually were cumulatively spent on three giant suckers. If my math is right, those suckers cost $10 a piece.

The only rain cloud on the sunny day was when a older woman began to yell at her kid because he picked a briefcase that she didn't want him on the I'll-trade-your-fake-money-for-this-pretend-briefcase-so-you-can-get-25-tickets-worth-up-to-and-including-1¢ game. The snarl on her face and words, "See! You just wasted the whole thing!" will forever be burned into my memory.

The smiles and fellowship that we had was worth it. Here are some pictures of the stop.










No comments:

Post a Comment