Saturday, October 25, 2014

No "I" in "TEAM"

Scripture: Exodus 17:3 "And the [Israelites] thirsted there for water, and the people complained against Moses, and said, "Why is it you have brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our livestock with thirst."

Observation: This is almost verbatim the complaint that the people had against Moses in Chapter 16, verse 3 about the lack of food. The complaint was from the followers against the leader(s).

Application:
1. There is no honoring of God in backbiting and attacking authorities in my life. If God has placed all authorities in their positions (Romans 13), then, even though I need to implore those leaders to be righteous, I should trust and not complain or gossip.

2. The above point is applicable to leaders at all levels, but there is more application to those leaders that are geographically, spiritually, and relationally nearer to me. In those instances, (e.g. work, family, and the church) first I should think, "We are on the same team." Second, those leaders are earnestly trying to follow the Lord, and my present needs and desires are rarely most important. I need to think humbly and, with servant eyes, inquire about what I can do for them.

3. Trust God in all things (Matthew 6). Seek him consistently to walk closer with him and all will be well. Even if not is "all well," to have God is to have everything.

Prayer: Father, your word humbles me every time I read it humbly. I love you and need you to teach me to be like Christ. Holy Spirit, please sanctify this broken man, work in me, and speak to me in all my times of need. Jesus, I'm yours because you have given yourself entirely for me and to me. Who could imagine a God who serves and reigns at the same time?! I love you and need you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment