Tuesday, July 29, 2014

He Made Me This

Scripture: Exodus 19:5-6 "Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine; and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel."

Observation: Clearly this is what Peter was referencing in his first epistle, chapter 2, verse 9. There he calls the believers four things: a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own special people.

The only one that really isn't found in these two verses is "a chosen generation". I'll have to be on watch to see from where that one is drawn.

Application:
First, as a believer, I am chosen by God; though some disagree, I believe that truth is very clearly taught in Scripture. In fact, I believe it is not possible to be the other way around.

Second, I am a priest in function; I have been given a ministry to my family and to the world (2 Corinthians 5:19, 20).

I have been made holy through Jesus. Not only that, but God has brought me into a nation of people whom He has made holy. Christianity is about being joined to God's people for God's glory.

As one of His "own special people" (here called God's "treasure"!) I am just plain blessed beyond deserving. Requite the blessing by making God my treasure!

Prayer: What love You have lavished on me! I pray that Your people would recognize the preciousness of 2 Corinthians 4:7 and of the verses in Exodus. Thank You for Your word! I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment