Saturday, July 19, 2014

Don't Be Blinded

Scripture: Exodus 10:16-17 "Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste, and said, 'I have sinned against the Lord your God and against you. Now therefore, please forgive my sin only this once, and entreat the Lord your God, that He may take away from me this death only.' "

Observation:
1. Pharaoh referred to God as "the LORD your God" twice.
2. Pharaoh demonstrated human sorrow verses godly sorrow here.
3. Pharaoh has abandoned his rejection that the signs are from God, but he has increased his intentional and direct rebellion against God. Or rather maybe his rebellion is just no longer veiled.

Application: I fall prey to the same deceitful sin that Pharaoh was ruled by (Hebrews 3:12, 13). Rebellion is in the heart of all people because of the sinful nature that has been passed to us by Adam. Humility is called for. Repent of pride. In prayer ask God for awareness of pride. Pharaoh couldn't see past his pride-based hate for God. It blinded him. It will blind me to my own sin, faults, and offenses toward others.

Prayer: Lord, please open my eyes to my pride. You knew the pride in Pharaoh was predictable. Mine is not different and yet You are changing me to mirror the likeness of Jesus thru the Holy Spirit living in me (2 Corinthians 3:18). Please continue to change me. I love Your patience with me. I love Your continued faithful toward me. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment