Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Calloused and Happy About It

Scripture: Exodus 4:21 "And the LORD said to Moses, "When you go back to Egypt see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go."

Observation: The first two times that I read of the hardening of Pharaoh's heart, God is the mover. God tells Moses that He will harden Pharaoh's heart before Moses even gets to Egypt! The point of the whole historical account in Genesis and Exodus (and beyond) is that God is revealing His story to us. He is not just an actor in the play; He is also the director and narrator in a production that He has already planned out.

The hard part about God's complete sovereignty is not accepting that God is capable of it, but rather the struggle comes with understanding how He has created us to be both under His control and yet also completely responsible for our real decisions (both of which are what the Bible truly teaches throughout its 66 inspired books).

Application:
Praise God for who He has revealed Himself to be.
Exercise my will to draw closer to God and to understand Him as much as I can.

Prayer: Father, please continue to show me Your glory and teach me Your way. I cannot but love You! Your goodness is beyond understanding and is utterly underserved. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment