Monday, March 30, 2009

Good times!

Sunday we took some time to hike around at our favorite Tucson spot - Sabino Canyon. There isn't a lot of water flowing in the canyon but it was enough to wade in and cool off.

When we arrived in Tucson in 2005 we would often see animal life - desert tortoise, rattle snakes, deer. If fact, that summer the only thing I didn't see there was a mountain lion. In 2007 we had such bad flooding that the Canyon was destroyed and closed to the public. Tucson was actually declared a national emergency area that summer.

I mentioned my disappointment in the lack of animal life to my wife as we walked. On the way back Christian stepped right over this guy. Sweet! He must have just eaten because he was moving very, very slowly. His eyes were just slits. I don't think that was related to his eating, but sometimes I look like that after swallowing food whole!






God is an impressive Creator, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment