Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Who is God?

I've been reading a book I got from my church on Father's day called "In a pit with a lion on a snowy day." Great title, huh?! Anyway, it's about dealing with opportunity in life and how we view God (at least, the first 1/3 of the book is). It's been convicting but also very challenging in a revealing way. He uses a guy named Benaiah and his experiences in the bible to show that what I think about God will greatly influence where I will go, or how much I will grow, spiritually. So I stopped to think about what I think about God. I realized that even though I don't come up with the big meanie head or God waiting to beat me when I screw up, I don't have a lot of good or positive things in mind either. I see Him helping, but not much. I see Him as wise, but not in a way that I can understand. I see Him as loving, but not intimate (the way I want to be as a father). I see Him as real, but vague, ambiguous, or confusing. So I'm challenged by all this to find out how His word describes Him. I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment